Thursday, September 3, 2009

the artist in her

This post is for the grandparents, I'm not sure anyone else is remotely interested :)

But, my sweet Julianna is becoming quite the little artist. A few weeks ago she drew this for Lydia on her birthday....


It's abstract :)

The larger purple circle is a road, and the little bumps on it are the cars and trucks. The lines at the bottom (that resemble a bar code) are mountains. And the lollipop-looking things are trees. [Yes, some of the trees are orange. It's abstract art, remember?]

She also loves to color in coloring books. This week we've been talking about horses and she colored the picture below. (She also cut it out all by herself, can you tell?)


She loves to sit at the kitchen table and color. And I love to watch her enjoy her growing ability to really 'do' art.

She's still a craft-lover too. One thing on my to-do list is to beef up our collection of craft supplies. Unfortunately, it's not going to make it to the top of the list this week. But hopefully sometime this fall I will get over to the wholesale market and figure out where I can buy craft felt and googly eyes and pipe cleaners and other craft-y type things!

5 comments:

Grandmama said...

That's my girl! Julianna - I love your art work! You use beautiful colors and I can see your trees and the road and the cars. A good looking horse and a beautiful yellow sun! Granddaddy will bring you some more craft supplies when he comes in October! We love you, Grandmama

Julie Redfern said...

Awesome art work Julianna!! Caroline and Will color every day. Will calls the crayons rocketships and only wants all the blue ones! Have fun coloring! Love Julie

Paul said...

Julianna, we have some of your art work on the refrigerator and room for more. ! and I am a great craft helper - and suppler of supplies.

love GrandDad

Karen said...

I'm really impressed by Julianna's scissor skills. I taught 3 and 4 yr old pre-school for a year and only 2 kids could use scissors that well. It really is impressive... as is her art. Absolutely beautiful Julianna!

love,
Karen

Krisanne said...

I'm interested in this beautiful artwork, too! :) Way to go Julianna! Love you!