Thursday, July 26, 2012

when?

Anyone know when we're gonna go get our John Paul?

Nope? 

Neither do I!  But I do know we are in the final wait.  And once we get our Travel Approval from China we'll be moving as quick as we can to book flights and go get our little guy.  I think our chances of bringing him home for Lydia's birthday (Aug 15th) are pretty high, and honestly, I'm dreaming that we have him even earlier.

But we'll just wait and see. 

A year ago (this week, I think, but I'm not absolutely sure) we were about a month into our home study and reeling in shock that baby #4 was on the way.  In some ways its been a long 360ish days.  But in other ways I feel like it's gone so very fast. 

I'm behind on posting photos (and most are on my Dad's camera) so I'll be back hopefully tomorrow with a more photo-worthy post.  I do have this pretty fun shot from last night....

Matt faithfully reads from the Chronicles of Narnia before bed (not always, but when there's time - and the kids always always beg!)  Hours and hours of reading add up, and they are just about to finish, so I thought something so monumental was picture-worthy. 

On this particular night I laid Luke in bed with Lydia for the Narnia reading time - it's hard to say if Luke has a favorite sibling yet, but if I was to make my guess I'd say Lydia is top of his list.  He was so content snuggled next to her under the covers!   When I showed up with the camera and everyone piled onto Lydia's bed this is what I captured.




LOVE it.  If Matt can read Chronicles of Narnia to this crew.....



3 comments:

Grandmama said...

What a sweet post - big time reading that Narnia! Love to you all!!

Andy and Sheryl said...

Hang in there! You're in the home stretch!!!!!! Can't wait to hear the news.

JBC said...

One of my favorite books of all time.... enjoy kiddos :)!