Thursday, July 5, 2012

canvas art

Y'all, this turned out so cool.

A while back I saw this idea of sticking something (letters, words, shapes) onto a blank art canvas, letting the kids go to town with paint, and then peeling off the tape to reveal the design behind.


And I have this bigger hope of doing a much larger canvas with much more text to hang in our home.  But I thought I'd start out with something smaller as a trial run.


I found these smaller canvases for about a dollar each and bought three, along with a roll of masking tape.


This morning we got some poster paint, and the children waited oh-so-patiently (ha!) as I worked with the masking tape to get the designs just right.


But once the painting started it was fun fun fun! 

And the results, well... see for yourself :)




I learned a few things along the way and am ready to embark on my bigger plan :)  If it turns out I'll be sure to take some pics to share.  In the meantime, we now have some new art to hang on the bedroom walls!

5 comments:

Grandmama said...

What beautiful artwork! You bigs did a great job - look forward to seeing your handiwork on the bedroom walls! Love you bunches and bunches, Grandmama

Susan said...

Love it! What a great idea, can't wait to see the bigger project!

Grandma Jan said...

What a cool idea. I'd like to steal the idea and do it at the lake on a rainy day. Love you. Jan

kkvernen said...

Super cute! I saw something similar to that on pinterest, but I like yours much better! Very fun!

Jaci said...

I love this idea...and I am totally going to do it!!