Sunday, May 29, 2011

six weeks of seedlings

A few days ago I took some updated photos of our garden.  

Six weeks ago we planted tomato seedlings that looked like this  - note the puny looking little plant near Lydia's hoe, and the just-trampled seedling beside her left foot....



Well apparently we got the trample-proof seedlings because now they look like this!  Almost as big as Lydia!  



Oh my I am SOOOOOO glad my kids don't grow as fast as these tomatoes!  No tomatoes yet, but they are starting to flower.  Is that part of the process?  It seems hopeful, those flowers, so I am encouraged that actual edible tomatoes might appear soon?!?!

The other staked vines are cucumber (near Lydia) and pumpkin (in the foreground).  We harvested, shared and ate our entire crop of little cabbage and planted round 2.....


So if you stop by in a month or so we'll serve you some for supper :)  

3 comments:

Susan said...

You should definitely have tomatoes soon! I have one bloom on my plant, hopefully more soon.

Mom/Grandmama said...

You need blooms before you can have fruit - hopefully you have lots of bees, butterflies, or lady bugs to pollinate!

Anonymous said...

Vegetables on the grow..Glad to see your patio patch is so usable & accessable for the children.
Love BN