Thursday, May 26, 2011

receivers camp

Isaac brought the football to my birthday picnic Tuesday evening.  He really loves the football.  Actually, he loves all balls. 

Today after lunch I taught him to use our small broom to swat at balls I roll towards him.  Lucky he doesn't have the strength or coordination to do too much damage now, but I realize I might end up regretting that I taught him this particular move.  I had him hooked after he watched me zing one across the floor :) 

Anyways, back to football at the picnic.  In an attempt to help with the three kids and only one football disconnect Matt lined them up and called it "receivers camp". 



Get to the front of the line, catch, toss back to Daddy, and run around to the back of the line. 


With only three kiddos in camp, no one waits for too long. 


Honestly, not a single one of them showed a lot of promise :)  But it was a lot of fun - and they've got plenty of time to work on some skills. 

4 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

What happy smiles that football catching exercise put on your children's faces! I was impressed you found that much grass and some decent sized trees to play around! Love you all!

Julie Redfern said...

So fun! They look super happy.

Paul said...

have I got some coaching opportunities ! absolutely SI action shots Laura, great camera work--
love Granddaddy

Grandma Jan said...

Loved seeing all the green area there is to play on by your home. It is wonderful, Patt. Loved the smiles too.