Monday, May 16, 2011

a little boy with two big sisters

The past few days my girls have really gotten into this for entertainment.....


The three of them have great times playing together - its fun for me to listen and enjoy them from a distance, some of the things they say are just hilarious.  And I'm amazed at how detailed their play is... lots of pretend and they tend to stay 'in character' while they debate the next steps.  Earlier today they were going on a trip and when they got to the airplane Julianna insisted they unload and gate check the stroller (full of Isaac's cars). 

From these pics you might conclude that Isaac is just a pawn for their games, but that's really far from the truth.  He is right in the thick of it, and I often hear him say stuff like "Girls, girls, stop that and listen to me."  In his role as little bro he runs a pretty tight ship. 


In some ways he is distinctly BOY.  He refuses to touch anything pink.... no sitting on pink stools, no coloring on pink paper, no eating out of a pink bowl.  He totes around Matt's football and (deliberately) pulverizes his sister's sidewalk chalk with his riding toys.  Every time he prays he thanks God for his cars.  

But as it turns out, he's not afraid of a little dress up.  Just between you and me, I think he agrees to it cause he's certain to be the center of everyone's attention when he struts out of the bedroom decked out in duds like this.  Plus he loves to have the girls doting on him - "you wanna wear this one, buddy?"  "here, let me help you find some shoes."


Matt is mortified.  I am highly amused.  So I take pictures (now whenever the girls get him into one of these get ups he comes looking for me and says "do you want to take a picture of me Mommy")

Today Julianna asked me, "Does he look like a girl to you?"

"Nope", I said confidently.  "He looks like a little boy with two big sisters." 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Matt not to worry. There are a lot of pictures of Micah doing the same thing. :)

Sheree'

Paul said...

I love it -- I knew this was coming, Laura you are right on ! ! -- He looks exactly like a boy who has two older sisters ! wait till the girls find some make up.

love GrandDaddy.

Julie Redfern said...

I have the same incriminating pictures of Will that I plan on showing at his wedding! We were over at a friends house and they have older girls and they did put make up on Will. And he loved it because he was the center of attention! I did get pictures of that too. The best thing was the eye shadow was BLUE.

Darnell said...

Oh for cute! It brought back memories of Amy dressing up Aaron! Tell Matt that it will be ok. Aaron is 15 and is becoming a wonderful young man. Bob did put his foot down when Amy started painting his nails!:)

Amy said...

That is so funny and cute! Love it!!

Grandma Jan said...

Fun memories. Love you, Jan

Mom/Grandmama said...

I loved this post too, Laura. Isaac is such a pretty boy he looks great in that princess dress! You and Julie dressed Stephen once or twice but he put his foot down pretty quick on that routine! Although he did like to play house as long as he didn't have to wear a dress! Love, Mom/Grandmama

Rob and Carrie said...

Oh, my goodness! He is adorable. Rob hated it when Mack put on my high heels. That phase didn't last long and now he only wants boy stuff!