Saturday, February 6, 2010

the travellers

This morning the girls played another round of "going on a trip". It is one of their all time favorite things to play.

I love that they play so well together, but I sometimes dread the clean-up from the various versions of the "going on a trip". They tend to pack a LOT of stuff, and the creation of the buses/airplanes/boats that they need for their trip usually involves some furniture moving.

Today "going on a trip" looked like this:


Later on I heard muffled voices and found them on the futon under a pile of blankets with the curtains closed, lights off, and a flashlight.

"I thought you were going on a trip" I said.

"We're going to America. But we have an overnight stop in Bangkok."

My gracious.

And just how many countries have our little travelers visited? Julianna definitely tops the list - Indonesia will be her 9th country. [This is legit countries visited, not airport transfers, but places where she transited through customs and immigration.]

(in order of appearance)
China
Thailand
Germany
Egypt
Syria
Turkey
the United States
Peru

She hit all those before her 6 month birthday. We've slowed down since then, and I'm hoping no one in our family has plans to hit 8 more countries in the next four years!

6 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Oh what fun - wish I was there to enjoy with you! I guessed the right number - 8 countries - but had one wrong. I debated over Vietnam or Germany but couldn't remember if you spent the night in Germany. Quite a record for a 6 month old! We love you all bunches!

Krisanne said...

Such creative girls - I love it! Can't wait for them to go on a real trip in a few days!!!

Anonymous said...

What 8 countries?
Mark

Julie Redfern said...

WOW! That is a lot of traveling for a 6 month old. Have fun visiting family soon. They look like they really enjoy going on trips! Love Julie

Chris, Leah, Austin, Bennett and Lucy said...

I love the overnight stop in Bangkok! What little travelers we have. Austin had been "going to the beach" and "to Guam" for over a week now. I hope my boys will play as well your your girls do one day...we haven't quite gotten there yet.

Jenny said...

So sweet!! Also a favorite game of my girls...they could play it for hours! And then the cleanup, ugh! But it always seems worth it to have them play well together! Enjoy your travels this month...we'll be enjoying the fireworks here in Shanghai...I'm already missing the warm weather we usually get on vacation this time of year!