Monday, July 7, 2008

the zoo

Yesterday afternoon we went to the Chiang Mai zoo. We had a wonderful time with three other families. I'll have to post more photos later, but I wanted to go ahead and get these online.

This is one of my favorites - Matt holding the two girls and watching the giraffes. Julianna and Matt even got to feed the giraffe a big leafy branch. She loved it!

Here we are with the hippos. When Julianna was younger she loved the book, "but not the hippopotamus" and can pretty much recite it from memory. It was fun for her to see a real hippo!

I was expecting Lydia to just be "along for the ride" but she had a great time too, pointing and "talking" to each animal. She even roared at the lion :) It's amazing how much she comprehends (I tend to under-estimate my girls comprehension, and they continually amaze me). Lydia has added one more word to her growing vocab - ball. She sees them everywhere and is happiest when there is one in her hand!


Dinnertime at the stroller cafe!


Today Matt is back in meetings, so it's me and the girls doing life in the hotel. Once we get into a good groove, it's actually pretty easy, but I do miss the routine of being at home. Of course, I don't miss doing my own laundry - so it's a pretty fair trade!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the matching dresses!!! Love Julie

Paul said...

beautiful hair and smiles, especially meal time

Patt said...

Somehow I missed this posting yesterday - I was focused in on Julianna pigtails! Looks like the family had a great outing - such a beautiful family! Love, Mom/Grandmama

Kristi said...

What a great family picture!! :-)