Friday, July 18, 2008

hitting the wall

Yesterday I "hit the wall" - called Matt and told him, "I just can't do it anymore! It's too hard, I am tired of doing the living-away-from-home thing with two little girls and all the needs and demands they bring, and the complications of hotel living are going to put me over the top. I just want to go home!"

But, I am doing better this morning. And feeling a bit more like I have things kind of under control. We're here through Wednesday morning, so I better pull my act together for these last few days! I sure can't quit now :)

On Wednesday we are moving to a local guest house and I can't wait - it'll be four days of no meetings for Matt, no expectations on our time, just enjoying some much needed down time before we head home on Sunday the 27th. Other good news is that Matt gets this Sunday off, so I am looking forward to that! (I am going to celebrate with a trip to the doctor and dentist - great western health care in Thailand and I've been to the doc with the girls, but just haven't had a chance to go myself.)

That's pretty much the update from here. And don't get me wrong, it's not all terrible. I am loving being with friends, Matt is enjoying the content of the meetings, our family has great buddies here. But it isn't a walk in the park.

4 comments:

Patt said...

An extra prayer for you this morning. Sometimes even a normal at home day with little children can bring one to the wall and you've had a series of looong days! And away from home no less. You're in our hearts. Love, Mom

The Huffmans said...

hey Laura. Sorry you guys are "hitting the wall." hotel life is hard with little ones! We are looking forward to your return maybe more than you are! hehe. I hope the guest house is restful and lots of fun. hopefully you'll have a couple down weeks once you get back too! hurry home! EA

Tara said...

Celebrating with a trip to the Dr? That's hilarious! Not on my list of top ten ways to celebrate but, hey, whatever works, right? I can totally relate to being away from home. With three small kids vacations seem like more work, being away from our routine and environment, then rest.

Brent, Sara, Hannah and Sam said...

Hang in there - not much longer. I too am not a fan of a hotel routine after having gone to training in MN, a meeting in Hilton Head and a conference in DC with Hannah. It is always SO GOOD to get home.
Love ya, Sara