Tuesday, July 15, 2008

living the hotel life

There are definitely some tougher things about living in a hotel. I miss the routine of life at home. I miss having a place where the girls can play on their own. I miss my own cooking. I miss my own bed. I miss having easy internet access!

But, there are some perks too - like I haven't washed laundry in two weeks! (I take it to a local lady near the hotel who does a great job for a great price - can't get much better than that!) And, every time we finish a meal and walk away from the table I look back at our mess (crumbs on the table, food spilled on the floor) and think: "Hey, that's not my problem!"

Here's Lydia getting ready to create some crumb-covered laundry and a mess for the hotel housekeepers - Ritz crackers for snack!


Another great thing is that we are living with tons of good friends here. They surround us on all floors of the hotel. There is always someone to hold your baby monitor while you and your husband go out for a later dinner!

On those nights, we do "K family cafe" in the hotel room - in other words, the girls get pb&j with a little fruit while sitting at the table in our room. One night our little friend Kayleigh joined us for baths and dinner. Here they are eating (we did dinner after baths and before pjs for the bigger girls - who wants to get clean pjs covered with peanut butter and grapes?)

After dinner, there was lots of laughter and giggles from the little girls!


Tonight we went out for dinner to a little restaurant nearby. After dinner Julianna lined up her toy animals in the 'play area' section of one of our hotel rooms....


And this is the scene Matt and I were watching as she played (Lydia conks out about 30 minutes before Julianna so she missed the whole thing) - unfortunately, I didn't catch the prettiest minutes, but here's the few final seconds of tonight's sunset.

Matt and I are headed out for dessert and a cup of coffee while friends hold our baby monitors. Gotta run!

2 comments:

Patt said...

Thanks for all the photos - loved everyone! We spoke with Matt while you were in the computer lab- talk with you tonight! Love, Mom/Grandmama

Anonymous said...

Lydia has gotten so big-I guess that happens when you turn 1! Love the pictures and what a fun way to spend an evening, friends are great(being one of the few w/o kids, we do the monitor holding!)
Love, Susan