Saturday, October 1, 2016

a lost tooth

Just when I thought he couldn't get any cuter... John Paul lost his first tooth!  


He's been eagerly waiting for this moment for months and months.  All summer he would wiggle teeth and announce "I think one is loose".  But then this moment came and wow - he was excited!  and he lost it at school!  Ahhh! I missed the big moment ;)

He came bouncing out of school so excited and asking me to "guess what he had in his backpack".  And then I saw his grin - and I knew my answer to his "guess" question!


We now have four children in the tooth-loosing process :)  It's a lot of teeth!  ha!

His "new" smile still catches me by surprise and has me smitten!  He's such an incredible kid.  (and with the beginning of the tooth-loosing process I know he is one big step closer to his next surgery - ugh!  Sometime in the next one to three years is my best guess.  I need to get some X-rays done and send them to the crania-facial team and we'll see where to go from there....)


And to finish up the first loose tooth day we went on an after-dinner bike ride with the boys.  (The girls were at a classmates birthday party.)  The sun is setting earlier and earlier, and it won't be long before we are eating dinner in the dark with no hope of a bike ride.


After a ride it's always a good idea to stop for a Popsicle.  Good thing we can buy them at the convenience store by our gate, huh?  It's a pretty scene at night and the city sparkle never seems to grow dim.

2 comments:

Paul said...

big day for a getting to be a big boy
love Granddaddy

Julie Redfern said...

That smile is so contagious! Looking good JP! Eric can't wait to lose a tooth!