Saturday, October 29, 2016

a little trip south

I spent two days at the end of the week on a short trip.  Leaving my little people is not my favorite, even though they aren't so little anymore.  As usual, in the days and hours leading up to the trip I was second-guessing my decision to go.  And, as usual, I was glad I went, and even gladder to get back home.


The blue skies were like water to a dry, parched soul.  I couldn't get enough.



and this new dear friend, who I actually first met 15 years ago when she was an elementary-schooler, I'm so enjoying her ...



And then after a full day, I was off to visit Xiao Li!  It was just joy to see her, and her husband and son.


SiSi (her son) was so interested in me, and the pictures I brought of my family, and then the pictures on my phone.  He talked to me so much, and I would just sit there staring at him, remembering the YEARS we spent praying that the Lord would one day give Xiao Li a child - and there he is, six years old and sitting across the table talking constantly!  I've met him several times (and he even remembered me by the book I gave him last time we were together).  And now I'm so eager to get our whole family down there to visit him - he and Luke and John Paul would be a special trio :)


My last day I spent walking with a friend - around the lake, and all the old familiar spots from the years we spent in this town.  It was gorgeous, and warm in the sunshine, cool in the shade.


And then I was off to the airport, and a flight back home.  I fell asleep before 10 last night, exhausted from late nights and many conversations, and today was a sweet slow long Saturday for everyone.  yay.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like a fun time. So good to see Xiao Li - and her long sought and prayed for son! Glad you got to make the trip.

Paul said...

So glad you could get back to KM, and see Xiao Li, such good memories of that city and that G Lake too. It was my landmark.
love
Dad