Tuesday, August 30, 2016

this (weird) morning

This morning is registration at the elementary school .... basically everyone shows up to confirm that they will indeed be attending this fall, and the teachers pass out books.


Tuesday is also a school day for the little guys.


So if you do your math right, you'll quickly realize that I have exactly ZERO children in the house this morning!


I decided to commemorate the moment with a few pictures as we headed out!

It's nice and quiet, and I'm cranking through some serious admin type stuff (I rarely even see my computer while the kids are awake, this morning I've been on it for almost 2 hours already!).

But I miss them.  And it's going to get busy, quick.  2nd graders dismiss at 11:50.  4th graders at 12:00.  And I pick up the little guys at 12:10.  Good thing both schools are located within a block or two of our apartment!

Now I'm ready to do a bit of reading before the noon hour arrives!

3 comments:

Paul said...

some good looking kids if I say so myself
love Granddaddy

Julie Redfern said...

They all look so excited to go to school. Where's your "I'm at home alone happy face" picture?!!

Mom said...

A few moments of peace and quiet - thanks for sharing them with us!