Friday, August 26, 2016

Whew.  

The heat finally broke today - I think our high was a number in the 80s!  woohoo!  It feels amazing outside and I feel about a decade younger :)  Went for a nice long walk in the early evening and loved it.  Evening walks are so good for my soul but these past weeks there has been nothing appealing about an evening walk!  

[I sometimes try to leave right after dinner for a half hour or so but this evening the kids and I had snacked on cold pizza at 4:30 so I walked at 6 and when I got home it was clear there had been more cold pizza snacking.  We did serve grapes for dessert.  And that's all I'm going to say about our nutrition today!]

In an effort to make up for my abysmal showing in the first day of school pics category I took this photo of John Paul with his teacher earlier this week.  He's a champ.  And working on the "natural smile" - I'm dreaming that he can figure the smile out before we try to take a Christmas picture but I've had that dream for a few years now and I'm still dreaming :)  He's cute as can be regardless, right?  



And one solidly healthy sign that we are moving towards a good spot - reading in the afternoon with the little guys.  I love these boys and I love reading to them in the afternoons!


And more reading on a different day...


I'm hoping for a low key weekend.  Might as well hope :)

No comments: