Saturday, August 20, 2016

first day of school

In addition to being Lydia's birthday, August 15th was also the first day of school for a lot of little people around here!

Even though we had been in country not quite a week we wanted to go ahead and get the little guys back in preschool.  Routine is good, and they were talking school, walking by school, thinking school... so off they went!  John Paul is always-a-rockstar at this.  Luke is always-needs-help at this.

The first week Matt took them!  Yay for this because it's just way easier on everyone if he does the drop off and he really set us up for success.  By the end of the week Luke was getting his groove back.

The little guys will be four mornings a week at school this fall.  We call Thursday 'break day' and they stay home to "help" me school the big kids.  I think we'll also use Thursday to go to the library because it's going to end up being a bit lighter on content than the other days regardless!


and, awesome mama that I am, I only got photos of 60% of the kids on the first day.  oh well.


Homeschool also started last Monday.  We tend to take longer breaks in January/February and I don't want to be schooling well into next summer, so we got going!

Lydia and Julianna school together - 5th grade this year!  I'm so excited for the year ahead and we had a sweet first week.  Of course it's easy to have a good first week but it's still a nice start!


Isaac is back on the school porch too, and we are doing an American History curriculum (all three of them together) that I think we are going to really love.  And not too many changes so much of it looked familiar to most of us.  So that feels good.

It's another few weeks til local school starts for the big three.  I'm so thankful for more time before that big rock gets thrown in our little pond.  These weeks I'm working up energy for the local school commitment! ha!

Well, that about catches me up to where we are today.  This is just a wild and wooly time of year for our family on so many different levels.  And I've tried to get several posts up this week and been thwarted by bad internet (aka the thorn in my blogging flesh!)

We're hosting a bunch in the next days, and had a big group today too (but our overnight guests don't even land til 1am, late night for Matt, I'll be in dream land by then!)

No comments: