Saturday, July 2, 2016

life in fort collins

Well, I'm definitely still adjusting to the schedule here.  I love love love what I'm doing with my days.  And I'm thrilled for the kids and their programming.

But reality is that this is a very different lifestyle than the one we are used to and I'm just rarely sitting down at my computer.  So I'm not doing much blogging.


One big highlight from the summer is our community here. New friends, old friends, and we are loving them all!


Our apartments are quite nice.  We live in a three bedroom two bath first floor unit.  Mom and Dad live directly across from us - literally four steps from our front door to theirs.  They have a two bedroom two bath and have hosted a few kid sleepovers and are looking forward to hosting Matt's parents next week.


More friends and food.  We eat in the courtyard several nights a week. Our building is off to the left of this picture and the kids spend ours in that grassy courtyard area.


Last Sunday we drove down towards Boulder to visit with an old friend of Matt's.


The kids enjoyed sprinkler-sprayed trampoline jumping and a late afternoon trip to the pool.  It was a neat time to reconnect as families.

We are keeping up our hiking too - one last weekend in the Poudre Canyon and tomorrow headed to Rocky Mountain National Park again.  Our return plans to Asia are in flux and we are faced with needing to reschedule some flights and in the midst of the uncertainty I'm just thankful to be where we are today.  It's a GREAT spot for our family.  We ADORE Colorado.  And the people and training here are AMAZING.

1 comment:

Julie Redfern said...

So glad you are enjoying CO!! We can't wait to see you guys.