Friday, August 7, 2015

cause I'm so handsome




I walked in the boys room and saw Matt taking this picture.  "John Paul" I asked, "Why is Daddy taking your picture?"

John Paul didn't miss a beat.

"Cause I'm so handsome."



I cannot say it loud enough.  Adopting John Paul was ridiculously hard and crazy expensive.  And that was before we even brought him home!  The grafting of a child into a family is a hard and painful struggle that will challenge your long-suffering heart.

But watching this boy move his identity from ORPHAN to SON is one of the greatest privileges of my life.  It was worth every minute collecting paperwork and every penny spent.

bonus points that he is just so very handsome :)  and he knows it!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Adorable! He is mighty handsome and a treasured addition to his extended family.

Julie Redfern said...

I agree with Susan! I so wish I could give him a great big hug!!

Paul said...

I think your cousins have said it well, John Paul is indeed handsome and so wonderful to have in our family and I sure wish I could give him a big hug too. "Squeeze him like a bug"
love
Grandaddy

Grandma Jan said...

So precious, Jonh Paul. Very handsome Daddy too, I might add. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes!! Love BN