Thursday, July 30, 2015

imagining the miles

Tuesday morning we said goodbye to Matt as he headed off on another trip.  Last week we ordered a replacement for the (quickly-dying) everyday bag that he carried for years.  The new bag arrived just before he headed to the airport and I asked Matt for one last picture of him and the old bag before we retired it :)

He's carried this bag since Lydia was born!  Almost 8 years!  Oh the miles it's travelled and the stories it tells.

I missed a picture of his new bag but it's already got a big notch it it's story-belt.  Matt is home again. Already.  From the get-go it was a tale of struggles and delays and trials.


Matt and the new bag take off again next week.  Hopefully for smoother roads :)

This afternoon a surprise summer thunderstorm cancelled our trip to the pool and I declared cut-and-glue happy hour.   Julianna was off helping (and being helped by) a friend - (Matt picked her up on the way home from work).


There is nothing like paper and scissors and glue.  Happiness everywhere :)


I collect magazines and old school books and other cut-ables for projects just like this.


Although we realized this afternoon that it's time to beef up our supply of colored paper - slim pickings today!



My lefty, John Paul.  Although we are a few years out from any formal schooling I'm already realizing in how many different ways I favor my right hand (and tend to forget that he favors his left).  We will figure it out, but I'll need him to be patient with me :)

1 comment:

Grandmama said...

I love that I have a left-handed grandson! He'll be easy to teach crochet! More glue on the way.