Thursday, December 11, 2014

stage make up {updated with more photos}

So it's over.  The girls, well all of us, heaved a sigh of relief.  It was a fun adventure, but we are all weary of the endless rehearsing and schedule changes.

The filming is done and now we wait for the show to air (on New Year's Day).


When I picked up the girls yesterday I was a bit taken back by all the make up.  I am not ready for them to look this grown up.  I am not ready for them to BE this grown up!


They had a great day at the TV studio.  Lydia told me they met some "really famous Chinese people".  I asked her who she met and she said "well, I don't know, but I got their autograph".  ha!  When in Rome... Julianna didn't bother to get autographs.  "I didn't even know who they were!", she said.

Of course, neither did Lydia.


Here are a few pictures of the shindig.  I've seen a DVD of the first level competition so I'm pretty familiar with the performance but I didn't ever see it live.  [parent participation is not really a value of the school system here.]


I got these pictures from Lydia's teacher (no idea where she got them from).  I LOVE Lydia's teacher, such a gentle spirit!  And she initiates with me!


I looked at these together with the girls asking them to fill in details.  They mostly loved the dry ice effects.  Also the screen behind them was apparently pretty fancy stuff.


So that's the end of our jaunt into Tang Dynasty poetry (the theme of the competition - I'm dead serious!  It's a pretty incredible culture than has thousands of years of history to celebrate and now I can boast that Luke, thanks to the big sisters,  has memorized a bit of 唐诗! ha!)

Anyways... enough talk of ancient poetry.

Isaac (who spent Tuesday night throwing up - ugh!) seems to be on the mend, no one else is showing any signs of repeating his activities, and the laundry pile is diminishing once again.  Matt gets home late tonight (his last trip until after the holidays!) and we have a birthday party for my almost-9-year-old this weekend.  Good times!

2 comments:

Mom said...

The girls got those gorgeous dark brown eyes from you, Laura!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait for the show on TV.
susan