Tuesday, December 23, 2014

our new "cool" mall

So a new mall opened up a few blocks from our house.  It's a nice addition to the other three malls within walking distance.  ha.

How many malls can one person really need?!?!?!  I can't believe they each manage to fill with people and stay open, but they do!  I guess that's one thing population density will do for ya.

So this one, the main difference between it and the others is that it they haven't turned the heat on yet!  Maybe because it's still fairly empty, or they are in a 'soft opening' season?  But it is COLD in there!

We walked down last weekend to check it out.  There is a digital ceiling that changes scenery - that blueish looking thing is actually one of several different scenes.  Lydia and John Paul look like they are outside but this picture is inside the mall - still in hats and gloves!



And then last night for date night Matt and I decided to change things up a bit and go ice skating.  We had noticed the ice rink at the new mall and although skating in August might be refreshing, skating in a mall that was probably 55 degrees felt just fine too!


We had a blast!  We used my phone to make slo-motion videos that are so hilarious!  I'm no ice skater but managed to stay on my feet, until Matt got me laughing too hard - then it was a slippery fall to the ice for me :)  There were only a few other people on the ice so that made it even more fun!  We will be doing this date again, and we promised to take the kids one day too :)

Today was Julianna's birthday and such a treat!  Photos coming!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Looking forward to 'malling' with you! But no ice skating for me, perhaps Grandaddy will give it a whorl with the kids.