Tuesday, December 23, 2014

She's NINE

Halfway to 18.  I can't even think about it.  Every minute of this little girl's life is a gift.  Not every minute is easy, but 9 years in I can confidently say that each one is a gift.  And I am thankful.


She started - and ended - her day with presents.  A morning playing with the siblings and helping in the kitchen, lunch date with her Daddy, Mexican dinner (she did most of the cooking, of course!) and cupcake dessert.


Lucky girl has all the help she ever wanted opening gifts :)  She's a pro at handling this.. at one point I saw her bend down and whisper to Luke, "no buddy, these aren't for you but wait just two more days and it'll be your turn!"





After dinner and cupcakes and gifts we took turns sharing things we especially enjoy or appreciate about Julianna.  John Paul said he liked her piggy back rides.  So of course, she had to give him one.


Julianna, you are a treasure.  We love you!

[I'm bummed I missed a picture of her and Matt heading out on their date - this is becoming such a special treat each kiddo looks forward to.  I told him today that I want him to take me out to lunch for MY birthday!]

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

Love you, Julianna! So enjoyed seeing you all on FaceTime. And looking even more forward to seeing you in person soon. Happy 9th Birthday!!

Julie Redfern said...

Happy birthday!! Looks like she had a great day.