Thursday, December 18, 2014

a milestone for my middle middle

I sometimes think of Isaac as my middle-middle.  It doesn't get more middle than #3 in a pack of 5.  And he handles the role so very very well.  I got quite the gift when God put Isaac in his middle middle spot.

And earlier this week my middle middle hit a big milestone.  Finished reading through the Beginners Bible.  In our family reading the entirety of this 500plus pager (aloud) is your ticket to a real Bible of your own!  I knew it was in Isaac's near future so I advanced ordered his Bible when we were in the U.S. and it's been waiting in my dresser drawer for this day :)


It took him several months, and in late November he got really motivated to finish before Christmas Day.  We sailed through the final chapters and then stopped at the very last one to wait for Daddy.  When I told Isaac we would wait and read the last one when Matt got home he asked "how many more hours will that be?"  The answer ("probably 2 or 3 hours, buddy") was a bit of a discouragement and by the time Matt walked in the door Isaac was pacing the living room waiting!  The family gathered on the couch, listened to him read the last few pages, and he tore open the wrapping paper.... victory!


This year was special to see the girls really choose to encourage Isaac in his quest!  They have identical Bibles, and really wanted Isaac to be part of the "club".  He's a blessed boy to have such big sisters!

And now we have another one who has his own copy of the WORD!  What a gift!  Oh that he would treasure it for a lifetime!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great job Isaac! You are one cute middle middle!