Friday, April 18, 2014

in the tall tall mountains

My husband has a really cool job.

And he loves it.


It's not all mountain trips and snow-capped peaks (in fact, that's very little of it!), but he does get to spend time investing in relationships with amazing people.

And sometimes that relationship investment looks like this.


Not bad for a view from base camp, huh?


In a nutshell, I'd have to say his Asia trip was slam-packed.  Even his airport layovers involved scheduled Skype calls and frantic searches for wifi to empty out his stuffed email outbox.

We were able to keep in touch a bit, but longer phone talks were limited and I'm soooo looking forward to having him back!  [Not too long now - he landed in the U.S. this morning and he'll be here before midnight.]

But right smack in the middle of that craziness was this trip.  Water to his soul.


Nothing like 14,000 feet of earth underneath your hiking boots to put things in perspective.

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth.


2 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hard, rugged peaks...
Beauty of beyond all created...
A glimpse of life
thx for sharing BN