Tuesday, November 12, 2013

one coin, two sides

So yesterday.  Oh what a nice day we had yesterday. 

I did well, the kids did well, home school went well, local school went well, Luke did well (hallelujah!).  I prepped a big meal (7 adults guests plus the 7 of us) and it went well.... see the theme here?  The kitchen counters were loaded with made from scratch goodness and the girls were working away at Chinese homework and the boys were happy and the living room carpet was relatively picked up when the guests arrived. 

If every day was like yesterday .....

And then just as quick as it could - today rolled down the pipeline.  I woke up scrambling, rushing to get Matt and the girls out the door early (he had a super long day and dropped them off before the gates were open!).  Then I had seven minutes of relative quiet (just me and Luke) before the other two boys were up.  And all day I just could not get ahead.  Luke struggled.  Home school was a train wreck.  The girls' school threw me yet another unexpected something-or-other.  We ate eggs and toast for dinner (me and the kids).  I ditched a bunch of the girls homework, just too tired to push through to the days' end.  The dirty laundry pile grew and I just left it sitting in the hallway. 

It's crazy how one day life can seem so smooth, the following day each hour can seem like a disaster.

Wonder what tomorrow will hold? 

3 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

I get that feeling! Somedays nothing can go wrong and things are getting done. Others, not so much and i wonder what I did wrong!

Anonymous said...

i wish i could come and help.susan

Mom said...

Me too, Susan. Looking forward to the good and the bad days here (although no way a day can be bad if you are all here)! Love you!!