Wednesday, November 20, 2013

made it

Every time we drive through a tunnel Isaac is silent ... he's "holding his breath".  But he doesn't totally understand the concept..... I'm fairly confident he thinks that holding your breath in a tunnel means only breathing through the nose.  Because EVERY SINGLE TIME we reach the far end of the tunnel (no matter how impossibly long) he proudly declares "made it"! 

And that's how I feel. 

Made it. 

And proud of it too :) 

In short, the trip went really really smooth, I mean..... considering I flew with five little people aged 7 and under.  The two girls who traveled with me were amazing.  I cannot tell you how many times they asked, "what can I do to help?"  I mean, AMAZING.  So very grateful to them, and the Lord who provided them in answer to our prayers.

Actually, I'd go to Antartica with the big three.  They were a (relative) piece of cake.  The little two were the handful :)  But we made it.

Dad (and SURPRISE!) MOM were both in D.C. to meet us.  It was a wonderful reunion and they chased kids while I rested in the airport waiting for our final flight.  We got to their house about midnight and had the kids calmed down and in bed by 2am.  The big four slept 11 hours!!!  Not the best start to jet lag combat - letting them sleep til 1pm - but I figured everyone handles stress and transition better when rested.  We can start fighting jet lag now :)

Dad has pictures and our first day was great fun but I must go to bed.  John Paul is snoozing next to me as I type (was sleeping in his own bed but woke up disoriented and scared, so brought him in with me) and Luke has already been awake once too.  It could be a long night....  


4 comments:

Susan said...

So glad you made it no worse for the wear!

Grandma Jan said...

Welcome to America. So glad you're here. Can't wait to see you all. Love you all. Jan

Krisanne said...

So glad you made it! Way to go! Praying for you all as you transition and can't wait to see you! Wish I had a date to give you, but will let you know when I know. Things are progressing, but slowly... What's new, right? Love you all!

Anonymous said...

i miss yall very much:( Susan