Tuesday, November 26, 2013

his Daddy's shirt (and cleft team visit tomorrow)

Pulled out this so-sweet hand me down shirt for my youngest today.  As I pushed his arm through one sleeve he took his other hand, patted the flannel and said "Baba" (his name for Matt/Daddy).  Yes son, your shirt looks just like one your Daddy might wear.  And you look just a bit like Daddy yourself :)


I already know what Luke will be wearing when Matt arrives in NC.  "Welcome Daddy, I'm so proud to look just like you!"

As a family I think we are *almost* done singing the jet lag blues.  Unfortunately, Luke is hanging on to the tune a bit longer than the rest of us, but progress is progress and I'm encouraged (as opposed to Saturday night when I was, ummm, very very not encouraged).

I am seeing some stress behavior from different kids at different times.  Each of us handles and processes transition differently - and I just see little things (and a few not so little things) that show me we are most definitely still in transition.  You don't move halfway around the world and walk without a bit of a wiggle in your step - a least for a while. 

Precious John Paul (who has spent too much time on the bad side of too much transition and stress in his short years) is doing okay, but not great.  Tomorrow is a big day for him - we see the Cleft Team at UNC.  I'm really excited to meet with this team of health care professionals, I'm excited to show off my amazing boy, to hear their input and advice, to get him evaluated for some speech therapy (wahoo!) and to hopefully get answers to some questions (and probably realize there are many good questions that I should be asking!)

It'll be a big day though, and I'm not entirely sure how it's going to go.  My Dad (one of John Paul's favorite people in the whole world) is going with us, my Mom will stay here with the other four.  We leave at 7am and expect to be gone most of the day.  7am sounds very very early!  (don't laugh!  I've gradually moved our kids' wake up time to 8:30 and I haven't been out of bed before 8 .... keep in mind that 8 isn't that early - just a few days ago several of the kids weren't hitting good solid sleep before 2 or 3am!)

So with that in mind I'm headed to bed, gotta get ready for my wake up call! 

3 comments:

Susan said...

Sweet little boy in a shirt like daddys! Telling Ryan that his daddy has a jacket like I am attempting to put on him helps the cause, otherwise it's a battle!
Good luck with JP's appointment!

Krisanne said...

Continuing to pray for all of you! Hope John Paul's appt goes really well!

Leslie said...

And I'm sure everything is harder without Baba around. Praying for your transitions and JP's appointments.