Wednesday, October 23, 2013

sleep on the road (looks like this)

I realize I run the risk of you thinking that my little boys sleep through all our travel.

No way. 

Travel is - inherently - filled with heavy doses of missed naps and sleepy eyes and late bedtimes and all those delights :)  When sleep does happen it's like this.... on a median in the midst of honking horns and crowded traffic, waiting for our ride (train station to hotel), three hours past nap time! 



I treasure all the rest they can get though.  And I LOVE when they fall asleep on me.  Precious moments with my babies.  It's no rocking chair in a dimly lit room, but cuddles are cuddles wherever you might be standing! 


I'm (almost always) pleasantly surprised by how well they (almost always) do.  We tend to ask a lot of them on travel days - stay by mommy, hurry up, slow down, no running, hold the stroller, sorry I'm out of water, only one more hour, I can't find your coloring book, please wait patiently and on and on and on and on - it's not easy on little ones (or their parents!)!!

I only wish I had a picture of everyone asleep in our hotel room.  It was pretty awesome.  In a "with heads on pillows everyone is within arms reach of at least one other person" kind of way! 

2 comments:

Mom said...

Precious photos, times, memories. I loved those cuddle moments too when you and Stephen were small - so precious, so quickly a memory. Looking forward to cuddling grandchildren! Love you all - less than 4 weeks!

Susan said...

Ryan has short naps every so often and will cuddle with me and we fall asleep together to finish off the nap! I love those times too!