Monday, October 28, 2013

another show. yes. another one

Multiple times a week I am invited to 'a show'.  There's always a start time, a ticket price, assigned seating, and plenty of entertainment.

Lucky me, ticket prices are very reasonable.  They usually charge me 2-4 角 for the adult ticket, plus I'm expected to pay for the little boys (half price tickets for them).  10 角  = 1 元 and 6 元 = 1 dollar.  My girls are better at switching currencies than telling you the difference between a nickel and a quarter.  They've already secured promises that we'll help them change their savings from Chinese Yuan into USD when we arrive in America.

[Actually, I've completed skipped all the math work that dealt with US currency.  Especially at this age, I LOVE seeing them work with info that is applicable!  Working on U.S. currency when we were years from America didn't seem too applicable.  I'm betting they'll have those coins figured out before I can get to Target.  Nothing motivates quite like spending your own money, huh?]

Anyways, back to the show. 

Here we have the sun and the clouds.


And Isaac setting the scene.



That's Luke in the gray sweats and JP in the orange plaid.  Neither of the little boys do a decent job of staying in their seats for the show.  The bigs are used to it and their motto seems to be 'the show must go on'.

And it does.  Day after day after day.  Sometimes its songs and dances.  Sometimes a story with a plot.  Sometimes just a bunch of kids having fun and wanting to make sure Momma is watching! 

So I pull out my small change and buy my ticket(s) and watch :)  Come over.  We'll watch a show together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i was there for the show. :) susan

Grandmama said...

We're looking forward to some shows here - I'll make sure we have some change for tickets!