Tuesday, October 29, 2013

and then she grew hair....

Did you know that Julianna was a bald baby? 


Very very bald.  All my babies were bald but Julianna was in a class by herself.  Slick headed for ever so long.  Matt and I laughed that we could clean her head with a wet washcloth.

She was 3 years and 3 months old when I cut her hair for the first time.  Even then it wasn't really long, just kind of wispy and crooked-y along the ends so I gave her a little trim. 


I used to have a hard time picturing Julianna as a elementary school-er because I could never get a good mental image of a bald 7 year old :) 


And now she is 7 and far from bald!  She loves her hair, and wants it long long long.  Even on the days when I fight through knots and she's anxious to get moving and doesn't want to wait for me to put it up, even on those days when I say "we could always cut it shorter".... she answers a definitive "No.  I like it long."


Maybe she's making up for all those bald years?!?

For proof of her baldness check out these pictures..... taken around the time of her second birthday (with sweet baby Lydia! also a baldie!)





And happy birthday to my Dad, a man whose known a lot of bald babies!  Bald looks good on a lot of different ages, right Dad?!?!? 

2 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

And her hair is so beautiful too!

Grandmama said...

Julianna - beautiful inside and out! Love those "old" photos of the girls as babies/toddlers. How time has flown! We love you all!