Saturday, February 4, 2012

just my family

I mentioned that Jill took great 'face photos' .... lots of sweet candid shots of our family.  So grateful!

Since our blog doubles as a scrapbook, here are a few of my favorites.  For me, and for our closest family, to enjoy.  Others welcome :)  

Isaac playing cards "on Daddy's team" - looks like they're doing a little strategy talking here, doesn't it? 


If this picture makes you want to reach out and touch those curls you are not alone.... in a country of one-point-something billion people with very little genetic diversity, this head of hair generates comments all day long.  And yes, lots of strangers, lots of everybody really, reaches out to grab a curl.  Luckily, it rarely bothers Lydia.  Maybe that's cause she's had lots of patience dealing with a momma who also can't keep her hands out of her daughter's hair :) 


Classic Isaac pose - intent, focused, on the floor with his cars. 


When she grows up she might be an artist, or a ballet dancer, or someone who works at an orphanage.  She likes to dress the part and would wear a leotard every day - even right on top of her pjs. 


And did I mention that my growing-up baby girl lost another tooth? 


Her eyes are a delightful piece of work, her cheeks always a smidge pink during the winter months.  Love this second daughter of mine.


Six just might be Julianna's best year yet.  She can start a load of laundry and bless the socks off of her younger siblings.  Yet still so young, so little, still my baby in so many ways - loves to snuggle up while I read aloud and wants me to stay with her at bedtime. 



One last shot of me with Lydia.  LOVES to be hand-in-hand with her mommy.  Loves to wear her big sister's (too long for her) pants.  Kisses my belly daily.  Can't wait to be a big sister again - and always refers to baby as 'she'.  Though if you press her on it she'll say "I don't know if it's a boy or a girl and I already have a brother and a sister, so both are okay with me!"









6 comments:

Krisanne said...

Loved this and sure love those kiddos (and you and Matt, too)! ;) Such great pics!

Mom/Grandmama said...

What wonderful photos. Love Isaac's concentration,Lydia's curls, and Julianna's jaunty walk down the sidewalk. Love that growing bump under your jacket too! Love you all bunches!

Unknown said...

LOVE THOSE CURLS!!!

The Huffmans said...

cuteness!

Grandma Jan said...

Priceless pictures and comments. Love it all and love you all so much. Jan

Julie Redfern said...

I love the pictures! I would have trouble keeping my hands off those curls too!