Monday, June 27, 2011

orphan no longer

So I just got back in town and tomorrow is a busy one so I'll make this quick :)

Matt and the kids had a busy afternoon and arrived at the airport just as I was walking off my plane, so Matt pulled up at a pre-arranged meeting spot, unloaded the kids and they all ran to meet me!  yeah to be back with my family!!

I also had SUCH a great time away.  So so good for me to be there, and hard to leave :( 

But here's what I missed



Xiao Li and Axin adopted a baby!!!!!  Our deeply loved and treasured friend and helper from our many  years in our old city and her husband have longed for a baby for YEARS!  And God gave (finally! - it was a long wait).

On Wednesday they picked up sweet little 思恩 (the first character means 'think about, consider, meditate on and the second character means 'grace').  Then they found out that their only viable train route home left them with an overnight stop in our town!!  I was crushed to realize I would miss it, but thrilled they could stop and rest at our home (total travel time of three days - including two nights on a train).

I begged for lots of photos and Matt outdid himself :)  [He did somehow miss a family shot of the three of them, but there is lots of grace for a man who selflessly cared for our three kids, juggled several work/social engagements, hosted last minute guests and even got out the camera!!]



In Isaac's book the best part about 思恩  is that he is a boy!  And apparently Isaac got a little ambitious with the hugging :) 


Our family has been praying for this moment for years and I love seeing these pictures of my kiddos loving on this little boy that has been long prayed for! 


And yes, he really is that happy. Xiao Li said "I told him he didn't have to be so good, but he insists on being the happiest easiest baby!"  And if you knew Xiao Li and Axin you would totally understand why sweet little 思恩 is so happy.  They are seriously going to be some of the best parents the world has ever known.  I bet 思恩 feels like an angel just swooped in, scooped him up and hugged him. 



9 months in an orphanage and think-about-grace has found his forever family!  Oh my, what GRACE it is.


And yes, these pictures and this story leave me dreaming of the day that God will graciously add an orphan to our home too!

6 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

What wonderful news - brought tears to my eyes as I know how long Xiao Li and Axin have prayed and waited for this miracle to happen! Please let them know we are thrilled for them and look forward to meeting Think-About-Grace! Love to you all!!

Paul said...

great news and long awaited too.
thanks for sharing and great photography work too

love Granddad

Krisanne said...

Was so thrilled to hear this news! God is definitely an amazing giver of grace! He is adorable and your kiddos look beyond thrilled to see him, too. So sweet! Glad you had a great time with friends, too!

JBC said...

So happy to hear everyone had such a lovely time! Great pics Matt!

Anonymous said...

Life does have a silly time piece about it - wanting to be in two places at once! :) So grateful you have a wonderful time with friends, friends stopped with baby Think-About-Grace and Matt caught the smiles.
We love you, BN

Anonymous said...

Brought tears of joy to my eyes. We love y'all. Think About Grace. Awesome!
David Lee