Sunday, June 19, 2011

the daddy banner

This is what we made Matt for Father's Day :) 


We finished late Saturday afternoon and everyone was so excited that we hung it right away, even though it was a tad early :)  The kids each decorated a letter (or two) and we also filled the first 'D' with sentences that start with the word 'Daddy'.  Isaac was the first to blurt out a sentence: "Daddy is big!"  He then hollered "Daddy throws me up in the air" about six hundred times and no matter how often I showed him that I had already written that sentence, it never seemed to sink in.  I sighed and tried to think patient thoughts.

The daddy banner is hanging across the world map (behind our kitchen table) and I think it looks great.

[And would totally make another one - maybe every Father's Day? -  except I need some tips on using a glue gun with a large letters and yarn strung over the kitchen floor and a very curious little boy who can't keep his hands off anything... ha ha.]

I like this picture too, you can't see all the letters but I LOVE the faces! 


We had a low key fairly lazy day.  Matt is actually out working this evening and the kids are snoozing, so it's a quiet house.  This Friday afternoon I leave for a THREE day weekend visit with some friends in another city so I'm sure the week will go quick!

3 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

The faces are beautiful. Thanks for sharing and Happy Fathers Day Matt. Love you all, Jan

Paul said...

happy Father's Day Matt, Beautiful family
love to you all

Mom/Grandmama said...

Love those beautiful smiles! A wonderful family - we love you!!