Sunday, October 24, 2010

can we make this into our playground?

I got home late last night [well, technically, I got home early this morning :)] and grabbed a bit of sleep before morning dawned bright and early.  The women of faith conference was such a treat... what joy to be there with so many members of Matt's extended family!

Now Matt is watching the Vikings game and I'm starting to realize how tired I am - my eyes are crossing when I try to focus on the screen.  So, this won't be long, but I thought it would be fun to post a few photos.

The trees are mostly bare so we figured it was time for our final raking session of the fall.  The kids have really loved having leaves to play in/with and today was no different.  At one point Julianna looked up at me, neck deep in a pile of leaves, and asked "can we make this into our playground?" 


Lydia wanted me to take a photo of just her and talked Julianna out of the photo op by saying "this is supposed to be a picture of the three year old class".  It's hard to argue with a statement like that, so Julianna scooted out of the camera's viewfinder and this is what I got:


Well Julianna then pronounced it "time for the four year old class photo"



closely followed by "the one year old class"


If you follow their line of reasoning, this becomes the school photo.


And their "teacher" is one tired momma tonight. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very much like school--individual photo shots, a group picture & hands on(in) learning!!
Great times!
I understand post WOF tireness!wow!
Love BN

Mom/Grandmama said...

Oh what fun! Love the class photos and those beautiful children in your classes! We have just the fewest leaves on the ground yet - lots of raking yet to go - we'll save some raking for your class stars! We love you all bunches, Grandmama

Julie Redfern said...

Too cute! Love the way she talked Julianna out of her picture!

Paul said...

I love the class pictures.