Tuesday, January 19, 2010

talking to Matt

We ladies love to talk to Matt on the phone. [Isaac loves to chew on the phone, which means we keep him at a distance. As soon as he hears Matt's voice on speaker phone he starts hollering and scrambling to get closer.]

We had plenty of opportunities to chat in early January when Matt was traveling.


The girls clamor for a chance to talk to Daddy and they always have plenty of very important news to share.

Then, after both girls have had their chance, its my turn to talk. You can probably imagine that Matt and I enjoy all kinds of nice long chats with this audience surrounding me :)


I seriously wonder what percentage of my day I spend within arms' reach of all three of my kids. I'm sure it's high. It's like I'm wearing a sign that says "everybody get really close to Mommy".

And to clarify about Lydia and the armadillo..... No, we have never seen one. They are not native to this area. They are mentioned in several of our books and kids magazines, but I cannot remember the last time Lydia and I talked about armadillos, nor have we ever considered buying a pet of any kind, and certainly not an armadillo. I have no idea where her comment came from. She's very creative and has a wild imagination. Obviously.

3 comments:

Paul said...

lovely pictures for a GrandDad to look at and an here is an observation as I do indeed study and remember these photos, "It seems to me that Lydia nearly always has something in her hands"

love Granddaddy

Grandmama said...

I remember that day - the whole family was focused on talking with Daddy! And what a loving reception Matt got when he came home too!

Julie Redfern said...

Oh how I know how that goes! I am sure that Justin wears that sign! If he sits on the floor both kids and the dog are on him in a matter of seconds! Love Julie