Tuesday, March 12, 2013

this picture, just this

I don't really have anything to say.  Just a normal day in a stretch of normal days. 

[Yes, normal!  I realize this is WHAT I SHOULD SAY!!  My goodness, we have a normal, a sustainable normal.  There were days, weeks, months of 2012 when a sustainable normal seemed like a place we would never reach.  And here we are.  I just blurted out "a normal day in a stretch of normal days"!  woohoo!]


And then on second thought, you could make a good case that very little of what we do is normal. 

Ever read Radical (David Platt)?  I just finished it (a little later than the rest of the bandwagon, and I'm glad I finally got around to reading it). 

I'm more convinced than ever that there might be something really wrong with what we (believers) think is normal.


 And Luke?  Poor guy.  His momma won't let him chew on the garden spade (true story). 

4 comments:

Grandmama said...

Such an expressive face!

Susan said...

Mean momma!! ;)

Glad things are becoming more normal!

Grandma Jan said...

Oooo, I agree Grandmama. So glad to hear the word normal, and I'm writing the title of that book down. Have heard about it and want to read it too. Love to you all and miss you tons. Grandma Jan

Erin said...

love the way you live your life and the eyes he's given you to see things as he does. I miss you!!