Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Luke and the party

It's rare to have a group of people like this.... our local friends who surround us with love and support and care and compassion and fun.  I honestly can't imagine not inviting them to Luke's party. 

This last year was tough.  There's just no way around it.  The tough doesn't mean I'm not head over heels in love with my littlest, the tough doesn't mean that I'd wish away any of those days, the tough doesn't mean I'm not fully convinced that each struggle of Luke's is part of a greater story God is writing in all of our lives (because I am solidly convinced).

But the tough means TOUGH.  And it means we needed help, lots of it.  And these dear friends gave and gave and gave some more.  Oh how I wish I could include all the details here, but you'll just have to trust me.  And if you ever come to visit I've got a great group of people I would love for you to meet. 

We invited them all for supper - ordered pizza and had it delivered to one guy's workplace and he brought it out to the party.... because pizza doesn't deliver out here and didn't I tell you these people serve us like crazy? 



All of my children adore these uncles and aunties.  And it's clear the feeling is mutual :)  It's just a treat to be surrounded by friends who can't get enough of my children! 

They arrived with a gift for Isaac too (not to overlook our new 4 year old) - a battery-powered ATV that he is the current object of all his affections.  Surely his little tushy is still vibrating as he sleeps tonight, after riding this toy all day long.  It's charging now, gearing up for another day. 


Back to Luke.  He was delighted to be the center of attention.  Loved the cuddles, the chaos, the noise, everything.  I guess we'll never be able to pinpoint all of his personality (nature? nurture?) but there are definitely some unique aspects of growing up as #5 in a tight line of kiddos. 

He loved the cake, the candle, the singing.



... and the eating!



He's ONE.  Still a baby, yet not really a baby.  We love you Luke Joseph!  Happy 1st Birthday!



5 comments:

Grandmama said...

Love the look on your face, Luke - such joy as you admire your one candle! And Isaac too - he is delighted to be part of your birthday celebration.

Grandma Jan said...

Love all the pictures. So fun to see. Love and kisses to you Luke, and love to you all. Grandma Jan

Grandma Jan said...

Wow, what a cool 3 wheeler, Isaac. That looks like a blast. Good for you and hope you have tons of fun riding your new vehicle. I'll bet your daddy wishes he was small enough to ride it too. Love you. Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

The March Madness of you home overtakes any basketball March Madness-although I'm guessing you'll soon have both types of March Madness to enjoy! What great fun times. I so love your glimpses of "now", your words to describe tough & your adoreable children

Anonymous said...

The March Madness of you home overtakes any basketball March Madness-although I'm guessing you'll soon have both types of March Madness to enjoy! What great fun times. I so love your glimpses of "now", your words to describe tough & your adoreable children