Friday, March 15, 2013

the birthday boys

Isaac and Luke.  Born exactly 3 years, 2 days and 3 hours apart. 

I'm not exactly sure what this double-birthday will look like in future years.... but this year, oh sweet Luke doesn't even know he has a birthday so he's easy to impress, and Isaac still busy remembering last weekend's warrior party, plus the beauty of anticipation: a day of presents and fun tomorrow. 

Matt is due back mid morning tomorrow (oh please don't let his flight be delayed!) and we are hoping to wait to dig into the presents until Daddy shows up.  Although Isaac's left plenty of hints that we might need to open one or two before Matt comes.  We shall see. 

In our family the birthday kid picks every meal on the big day.  Lucky me, they usually love the easy stuff :)  Isaac's picks are cinnamon roll breakfast, noodle shop lunch, mac n cheese supper.  He claims the noodle shop as his favorite restaurant - even though he always orders fried rice.  Ha! 

So my cinnamon roll dough is rising, I've been picking out old pictures of Isaac for us to look at together tomorrow, and I'm wishing Matt was here to help blow up some balloons. 

This afternoon I thought a little photo session with the birthday brothers and my phone camera might be appropriate.











I didn't get the exact brothers shot I was hoping for, but this one of my crazy-haired baby might be my newest favorite.


Let the celebrating begin :) 

6 comments:

Grandmama said...

Love the boys' photos - such great smiles! Wish we could help you celebrate! Love you all and miss you too.

Anonymous said...

Such precious pictures! Isaac looks like he enjoys being a big brother (most of the time!). Love Luke's hair! Happy birthday Issac and Luke!
robin

Grandma Jan said...

Happy Birthday Isaac . Great photos, Laura. Happy Birthday Luke. You guys are precious and my sentiments are exactly as Grandmamas, wish we could help celebrate with you guys. 2nd best is Skype, thank-you Jesus. We are getting lotza snow. Arg. Love you all. grandma Jan

Paul said...

that's my new favorite too
love Grandaddy

Jaci said...

Happy birthday boys!! They are so darn cute! :-)

Krisanne said...

Happy birthday, Isaac and Luke! Adorable pictures! We love you! Love, auntie krisanne, uncle Paul and Jonah