Wednesday, March 13, 2013

a letter from Lydia

This week we are writing letters.

Today Lydia chose to write John Paul ("even though he won't be able to read it" she pointed out)

It's pretty sweet, and though I can dream that I'll hang on to this piece of paper til they both reach adulthood that probably won't happen, so I'll record it here instead. 



Dear John Paul, 

Is yor malth all beetr yet?  I love you.  Your so spasho.   I am sore you wr born with a hol in yor malth.  I hop wiurgn I wil hav tim to play with you. 

And for those of you who don't spend a lot of time deciphering kindergarten script, here's what she meant:

Is your mouth all better yet? I love you.  You're so special.  I am sorry you were born with a hole in your mouth.  I hope when you're grown I will have time to play with you.  

I'm not sure how wiurgn becomes "when your grown".... maybe she was loosing steam there at the end?!? She had to help me decipher that part.

3 comments:

Paul said...

"wiurgn" loved it. and her letter too.
Granddaddy

Grandma Jan said...

Love the letter. Oh, I sure hope that letter never gets thrown, such a special piece of paper. But.....if it does, what special memories. Grandma Jan

Jaci said...

Awsome! She lost me at "wiurgn" too, but otherwise I was tracking with her the whole way!! Precious.