Monday, September 17, 2012

kitchen floor reality

Most of you have never seen our home.  This little picture of the kitchen floor might convince you to cross us of your list of potential places to visit :) 


What?  Y'all.  I sweep A LOT!  My girls sweep a lot.  But this is a little out of control.... And, even better, instead of sweeping I took a photo and put it on the blog. 

I can sweep later.  In fact, I will sweep later.  Again and again and again.  For years.  Might as well take the time to photograph it -

And while I had the camera out I took a picture of the laundry heap too (two loads in today, just a little bit remains).  My new washer is a-maz-ing!  I still marvel at how much it holds.  [Probably half the size of your standard U.S. sized washer, but still a huge-o blessing to have this new machine!] 

Even with the five kiddos keeping up with the laundry hasn't been too much of a challenge.  Once we get into winter clothing it might be a different story, but for now I'm doing great.  And the green bucket? Diapers.  If the winter laundry gets out of control the diapers will be the first to go.  I love the cloth, but no denying it adds to my work load....


Just a little dose of reality from the home front.  I spend a good chunk of time feeding the crew (and then sweeping) and dealing with laundry.  Seems like these two spots deserve a blog photo or two!


8 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

I just love that you have a new washing machine. Yahoooooo!!!! Love, Jan

Susan said...

Too funny! I was just working on a sweeping post. I HATE sweeping and have to do it now! My kitchen looks about the same and I have 4 less excuses than you do! :) Happy sweeping!
xoxo - Susan

Darnell said...

They say, "A woman's work is never done!" How true! It gets better as the older ones get trained and can help. Just remember to enjoy those kids while you can, because they grow up so, so fast!!!

Leslie said...

Hey, that looks like the under side of our table! Rice is the worse culprit, and I know you eat a lot of rice. I think more hits the floor than the kids' stomachs.

Anonymous said...

A little bit of home is a great blog for you and for your children. :) Revisiting most of the places I've lived, now photo as green grass or black fields...no visible awareness of any abode! LOL
Thanks for your wonderful humor & visuals. Love BN

Julie Redfern said...

Add some dog hair and you have my floors!! I am so glad I don't have a crawler in the house anymore. I still sweep every night but then feel like I need to more that that some days.

Mom/Grandmama said...

Never an idle waking moment for a mother of five!

Anonymous said...

Believe me, if we didn't have our dog, our floor would be MUCH worse than that :)! Also, I am so glad that you have a new washing machine! Yay! Praise the Lord! love,
Whitney