Wednesday, September 5, 2012

dinner out

I usually don't cook on Sundays.  And while I dream for the day that we live somewhere close to a western restaurant that will DELIVER FOOD (!!!!!!!) I know that right now that's not an option.  So we usually end up eating out somewhere close by.

Last Sunday we were feeling like we wanted a new option so we loaded up the bikes and stroller and headed out.   


Matt is always about three minutes from an adventure - so with him in lead we veered from our usual route and went back of our apartment complex towards the market. 


Its not my favorite route, crowded busy dusty smelly .....  and since we rarely traipse that direction we attract LOADS of attention.  

Matt slowed as we passed one restaurant but the 'zoo animal effect' (when I start to feel like a caged zoo exhibit as people wander over to get a better look at the foreign family) was pretty strong, and I bit my lip so I didn't blurt out "if we eat here the crowd issue will be so difficult I am sure it will be almost impossible to enjoy the meal". 

Wisely Matt headed us down this back street and off the beaten path just enough that we lost the zoo-watchers.  See Julianna on her bike headed to the restaurant tucked behind the red signs? 



It's a one room garage-door style establishment, through the open doorway in the rear wall is housing for the owner/operator/cook/dishwasher/jack of all trades (in plaid shirt) who runs the place, along with his sweet wife.  


Four tables (we spread out and occupied two!) and yummy food - basically a big pot filled with the meat and veggies of your choosing, cooked and served right in the pot. 

We filled our bellies and headed home for much needed baths (it was a messy meal for more than one of us!)

Another Sunday evening meal in the neighborhood.  

[Sorry I missed any pics of the little boys in the stroller... we did bring them along!]

3 comments:

Paul said...

such a great adventure, wish I were there
love Granddaddy

Mom/Grandmama said...

Looks wonderful and so nice to get away down a small street from the madding crowds of onlookers! Hope to visit the same place with you next visit. We love you and miss you, Grandmama

Grandma Jan said...

Oh do I know what you mean by feeling like a zoo animal. Glad you liked the food. Not sure any of it would be too pleasant for me, EXCEPT doing it with all of you. Love, Jan