Saturday, April 23, 2011



This morning we joined Julianna’s class for a little strawberry picking.  Julianna and all her little classmates (along with their parents) drove out together (in a long – very unsuccessful – caravan of cars) to the south side of town where there are TONS of strawberry patches.  Believe me, we walked a looooong way (usually carrying at least one kid) through all kinds of fields to get to the patch of ground that Julianna’s class was responsible for picking.





There were moments that were pretty stressful, and I was drenched in sweat when we arrived, but the strawberry patch delivered!  Our kids were pumped to be there and had a great time collecting their strawberry loot. 


(Julianna with her favorite teacher)



On the drive there (which was very stressful and well…. just typical crazy China difficult in every way)…. Anyways, on the drive to the strawberry picking Isaac said “I’m not sure I’ll be able to find any strawberries for me”.  [He loves the word ‘sure’ like “I’m not sure I’ve ever been here before” and “I can help you move those shoes Daddy. I sure can.”]

Matt and I both reassured him that it wouldn’t be too hard to find them (maybe he was a little confused because we’ve been playing Easter Egg Hunt in our living room this week and was thinking that finding strawberries was going to be a bit like hunting eggs??)

So then we get to the strawberry patch and there are strawberries EVERYWHERE.  Isaac was thrilled.  He was definitely our most dedicated strawberry picker though he tended to leave a path of destruction behind him :)  This pic pretty much sums up his morning – too busy picking strawberries or admiring his basket of berries – to look up at the camera. 


Later in the afternoon we hosted some students for a little Easter egg dyeing.  We do this almost every year and it is always so fun.  This year was a little more relaxed for me since the girls are old enough to do pretty well with little supervision, and Isaac was still snoozing during the egg-dye portion of the afternoon's party (sleeping off the morning's berry hunt). 


Our international church is able to meet this week so we'll be worshiping tomorrow morning and then celebrating Easter lunch with some foreign friends tomorrow.  Happy Easter!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can see that big smile on Isaac's face even with his head down admiring his strawberries! Bet he was one tired little strawberry picker! Love you all bunches!

Anonymous said...

That was me above - somehow missed posting my name~ Mom/Grandmama