Sunday, April 17, 2011

late afternoons

We've gotten into a habit of late afternoon bike rides and it really is such a treat to be outside in warm(er) weather.

Plus chasing kids gives me a nice work out :)  The girls have gotten fast ... if I get the chance to go out with just the two of them they like to keep me moving!  They dash off and look back over their shoulders, making sure they are riding fast enough to make me run.


Isaac, well he's on a slower vehicle, so it slows us down a good bit! The girls do lots of u-turns and circles and we stay together pretty well. 


This particular day two of my three were in college apparel - Isaac calls this "my North Carolina shirt" and Julianna is sporting some Appalachian State gear courtesy of her chief wardrobe manager and second cousin Caroline :)  [I started to list all my ASU-affiliated family here but got nervous I would leave someone off so I quit... you guys chime in if you want and claim your alma mater!  The bad news is that my UNC family list is WAY too short - alas, only the few, the proud choose so well, right Aunt Beth?!?!]



We almost never have any sort of destination in mind, but some days we do end up at this little 'supermarket' by the front gate of our complex.


I do quite a bit of shopping here, which is especially remarkable considering the entire store is smaller than our apartment.  It helps that they use their space well (or not-so-well, depending on what your particular shopping preferences are!)  The aisles are too narrow for my umbrella stroller to navigate :) 

On the best days we arrive home from our adventures about the same time as Matt!  Yeah for Daddy!  But not always.  Usually the kids stay outside in our courtyard while I start supper, but earlier this week I caught this sweet photo of Isaac sitting beside the screen doors, waiting for his Daddy to come home.  He's not still very often so this was an especially precious moment. 


Today is one of the prettiest days we've had since moving here.  And I am so grateful!  We'll be out riding bikes again this afternoon, I bet.

4 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

The girls are getting sooo big! And what a sweet photo of Isaac watching for his daddy to return home - you and Stephen used to be anxious to see your Daddy too - we often would walk towards downtown on Glenwood and meet him several blocks from the house on Cole. Love you all bunches!

Karen said...

Don't forget about Stephen! He has App and UNC notches on his belt. Alas, I'm the lone Clemson Tiger and it breaks my heart. :)

JBC said...

Bringing back the tie dye - my niece makes me so proud :)

Julie Redfern said...

That tie-dye shirt was a favorite and hard for Caroline to give up!! There may have even been tears! There sure are a lot App family members out there!! And so far either Wake or App is where C & W want to go!!