Thursday, September 11, 2008

on the road.... again (sigh)

You know, at one time, I really loved to travel. I loved airports, I slept well on airplanes, I packed light, I moved fast, and I didn't tote 117 pounds of carry-on.

That was then.

This is now.

I don't like to travel. Airports are a logistical challenge, sleeping on airplanes a distant memory, light packing impossible, and my carry-on almost exceeds the luggage weight allowance (for checked baggage!!)

My two girls are great travelers. Well, ok travelers. At the very least, you can say they are used to it. But still.... who really wants to travel with young children?

All this to say: we leave early tomorrow morning for a 4 day long trip. Home Monday by dinner, assuming our flights are on time.

The good news? After this little trip, the girls and I don't fly again til January! yay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think of how many travelers - like you used to be - look at you and think "boy, I'm glad I'm not traveling with small children! You make their traveling trials shrink by comparison and thereby make them feel good - good job! Love you!

Julie Redfern said...

Have safe travels. Love Julie

Jaci said...

I hope it all goes well and I will pray for you!!:-)

Snyder said...

Hi Laura,
I found your site!!! YEAH!!! Hope all is well, we pray for you often, last night again actually;)
love ya,
shawny

Tripp said...

Yeah I feel the same way. I used to love it...Thailand, China, those were the good old days. Coming to Indonesia Heather and I between us were carrying through the airports: double stroller, diaper bag, little bag for Drew (which he didn't really carry), shoulder bag, two carry on suitcases (one weighed 40 lbs.), and two car seats. Not to mention the two kids. The hardest part was boarding the planes. I had to make several trips back and forth while people were boarding the planes. Those car seats were a nightmare to travel with, and now we hardly use them! Eventually I think we will though.

So yeah, I feel your pain!