Wednesday, September 24, 2008

the days of the week

Julianna is really "into" the days of the week. Now, to clarify, she can't tell you today is Wednesday. Or what day comes after Saturday. But she does love to sprinkle her conversation with references to various days.

It sounds a bit like this:

Me: "When daddy gets home, you can tell him about your day at school."
Julianna: "Well, maybe I will just wait and tell him Friday."

or

"I know, let's go see EA and Emma Grace on Saturday"

Yesterday morning when Matt greeted her, the first thing she said was, "Daddy, today is Friday, right?"

My personal favorite is her rendition of this little song -

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
down in my heart
down in my heart
down in my heart
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
down in my heart
down in my heart
Tuesday!

Be forewarned that if you sing this song in Julianna's presence, she will pay careful attention to how you choose to sing the final phrase. If your "Tuesday" is not pronounced with conviction and clarity, she will correct you!

3 comments:

Jaci said...

That is fun! I love the way she sings the song...I would love a chance to sing it with her!;) Thanks for sharing your sweet girls with all of us!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jaci - I would love to be singing that song with Julianna and I would be sure and sing "Tuesday"!

Anonymous said...

Tuesday's can be rough, so it's nice to have lots of joy in our hearts! So cute-
love,
Susan