Tuesday, September 16, 2008

home sweet home

We're back! All in all, it was a pretty good little trip. In a nutshell, the lowlights (Julianna threw up three times and Lydia battled croup) did not overshadow the highlights (Matt enjoyed the meetings, we got to spend time hanging out with other families just like ours, and our hotel set-up was quite live-able).

The first few hours of the trip were a wild ride, and we barely made our flight (and believe me, after a 4:45am wake up call, I was going to be one disappointed lady if we missed a flight). It was a holiday weekend here in China, and when 1.3 billion people get a day off work, it creates a little chaos at the airport.

All four of us slept late this morning. The girls are both napping now and I'm finishing up the fifth load of laundry (small washer + throwing up child = lots of loads of laundry.... but I must add, that if your child plans to throw up twice in one night, a hotel is not a bad place to be - I was so thankful that the next morning all I had to do was find the housekeeper and have her haul away all the nasty bedding!) The weather outside is gorgeous, and a friend is joining us for dinner. It's so good to be home :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can hear the joy in your voice as you wrote "home sweet home"! It's always so nice to come home after a trip! Hope Julianna is feeling better now. Love you!