Friday, November 17, 2017

the weekend {girls edition}

Friday after school Jan and the girls and I started our trip to Minneapolis (with a pit stop in Fargo to get Kaelynn and Kristi).  We snuggled into our hotel beds and went to sleep with a forecast for a beautiful Saturday.

and it was!


After breakfast we drove to Minnehaha falls which was absolutely beautiful!  It was starting to freeze over and if I lived anywhere nearby I would make it a goal to visit once a month for a full year.  I bet the scenery changes with each season and I'm not sure which one would be the prettiest!


There is a really pretty park area with paved paths and stone bridges and it was fun to explore!


Then we were off to the mall and we did it all!  Lunch at Rainforest Cafe, a trip to the aquarium, a ride on Fly Over America (I highly recommend it!) and a little shopping too!


Hmmm......


We even "ran into" one of Matt's cousins at the mall and I was so thankful we got to see her (and the baby boy just waiting to be born)!  Special treat.

Grateful to get to do this trip with these ladies!

2 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

What a great girls' outing - wish I could have been there! Great memories.

Paul said...

beautiful waterfall, it is a go back to place