Friday, November 17, 2017

pre-swim meet week

Julianna and Lydia are gearing up for their first swim meet this Saturday - they continue to enjoy swimming and now that I'm mostly sharing the driving with a fellow Riverside mom who's 6th grade daughter also swims it's even better :).

On Tuesday the girls had a mock meet (in-house races) to prepare for Saturday and they came home feeling confident and ready.  I'm just impressed with the coaching staff and their definition of success and the attitude with which they lead the team.  

As soon as swim practice was over we drove over to school for Turkey Bingo.  Y'all, it was so fun.  There was a big crowd and the room is full of classmates and parents and teachers - and with kids in so many grades it seems that I have a connection with just about everyone :)  The girls and I got there a bit late and it does my heart good to walk into that room and see my boys spread among their friends and my girls run off to join their buddies, and I'm just so thankful for this school for this season!



And our family held our own in the bingo competition too - Lydia won a game of 'four corners' bingo and I won a Bingo and even though we didn't come home with a turkey, we were pleased with our pockets of prizes!  

When my bigs were younger we played a lot of bingo (I may or may not have called it "math class") but we haven't played much in recent years and I'm motivated to get our bingo cards back out again.  Sure, it's low strategy (arguably it's no-strategy)... but it's a lot of fun!  

2 comments:

Mom said...

No turkey, shucks! My dad and brothers always went to the VFW turkey shoot every year in Newell - came home only once or twice with an actual turkey, but they loved the outing.

Paul said...

I think I won a turkey once at a turkey shoot, surprised the socks of myself. Purely accidental.