Tuesday, November 14, 2017

the weekend {boys edition}

So our girls/boys weekend was really fun for everyone.

Friday night Matt took Isaac and Simeon to the hockey game and they were thrilled - six rows from the ice and the Hawks won the game and it was basically everything Isaac was hoping for and more!


I was so excited for Isaac to be there and even checked the score throughout the game because I knew he was going to be so pumped every time the Hawks scored!  Grandpa watched the little boys here at home which was perfect because late night hockey for the 5/6 year old crowd is a once a season kind of event and they got their game in October - ha!

Then Saturday morning Grandpa and Matt and all three boys headed to Fargo for some basketball watching





and gun shooting






and bear meat eating


and other manly events :)

Everyone liked the bear, especially John Paul.  He even makes bear faces while eating it!


and then it was a dark drive home, with some tired bears in the back seat.


(This might be the third time Luke has fallen asleep in a car - I was glad Matt took the time to document the event.  For the first 12 months of his life Luke screamed the entire time he was in his car seat, and I mean the ENTIRE time, from the first click of the buckle until I took him out.  It added a nice layer of stress to every car trip and was yet another reason why I mostly just stayed home - screaming infant plus newly adopted toddler for a grand total of five children ages 6 & under meant that I wasn't incredibly mobile!  Luke did stop the screaming, but even today he is not a mellow child.  John Paul, on the other hand, is a rock solid car sleeper and the family all-around sleep champion.)

And all those little people grew up and our 5, 6, and 8 year old boys had a dream weekend with their grandpa and dad and uncles and much-admired cousins!

3 comments:

Paul said...

That looks like one super weekend. and I can imagine all were tired too.
love
Dad/Granddad

Anonymous said...

How fun! My boys love a good guys weekend - on the rare occasion I've escaped for a night!
And I hear ya on the carseat struggles. My boys don't sleep in the car. I'm also still suffering from 12 months of carseat screams x 3 over a course of 5 years! Good thing they are so sweet and cute!
Susan

Anonymous said...

So much fun!!