Wednesday, October 11, 2017

swim team practice

The girls are solidly into week #2 of swim team practice!  I'm so proud of them for diving in (ha! pun intended!) to this activity :)

They practice three times a week at the UND pool... and it's chilly enough when they get out at 6pm that they need hoods on those wet heads - even though they are still in sandals.


The two weeks (this one and last) when soccer is not yet finished and swimming has already started... well, it's tricky.  I'm not a huge fan of the current schedule because eating dinner together gets to be almost impossible.  For these overlapping nights Matt and the boys and I eat at 5 and then get them off to practice then I run and get the girls and they put plates in the microwave when they get home.  Boo.  I don't like it one bit.

But I can do it for two weeks.

And I'm thankful for this swim team, and for girls that are handling the responsibility of keeping up with swim bags and locker room showers and wet towels pretty darn well.  They walk out with a bit of swagger in their step - it must feel pretty good, huh?

There are many more weeks of flip turns and stroke practice in their future, and though we won't be here for most of the competitive swim season, they will get to participate in two meets before we leave in December, so that's something to be looking forward to!

3 comments:

Grandmama said...

The American way of over scheduling children/families is sometimes not to be envied. You go girls!

Paul said...

I like a girl with a swagger — Go for it Julianna and Lydia
love Granddaddy

Julie Redfern said...

I feel ya! I'm not sure where dinner is going to fit tomorrow. It works fine if Justin is here and Eric's soccer practice is different than his game time. Ugh! But those girls are so awesome. And I have done the hoodie flip-flop thing leaving a pool too many times to count.