Wednesday, August 23, 2017

boys camping weekend

Matt and I literally passed in the driveway on Friday - Lydia and I arriving home from our overnight get-away and Matt heading out of town with the boys and Grandma and Grandpa for a camping trip/triathlon competition.

It was a different weekend, for sure!  I missed my boys and I love camping, but it was restful for me to stay back with the girls too.  Lydia and Julianna had two friends here for most of the time and a house of 10 and 11 year old ladies is pretty fun stuff :)  As you might imagine I got more than a few things crossed of my list of to-dos while they bounced happily from one activity to the next.

Meanwhile, Grandpa was busy setting up the camper with more help than he ever needed and Matt was off to pick up his race packet for Saturday morning.


Matt found this triathlon while we were still in China and was excited to race with a good friend of his too.  He actually raced this exact tri 7 years ago too, maybe we've got a little tradition going!


As I started getting pictures from the race morning I was really bummed I wasn't there.  I love the atmosphere surrounding a race.


But Matt had a great cheering section -


although they sometimes got a bit distracted from watching the race course?!


Proud to be finished! And he should be!

That afternoon the boys went to the lake with Grandma and Grandpa


and Matt went dirt biking with his friend Steve.


Not a bad weekend, huh?

We've got another camping trip on the calendar too!

2 comments:

Paul said...

congratulations on the triathlon Matt!

Patt said...

Yes, congrats on the triathlon, Matt! So proud of you!